Moderation of list.

Let me clarify what I mean by moderation and how it would work. Everyone
would still be able to post as they always have. The only difference would
be that the postings go to me first, and I pass them on. Messages copying
an entire message with "me too" added or obviously personal messages would
not get passed on. Likewise messages such as "how do I get on/off" I'll
deal with those myself, after all that is my job. I won't be censoring to
meet my own personal agenda. I really like the eclectic and diverse nature
of this group even if I personally don't agree with everything said.=20

I'm going to think this one over for a while so please send me your
personal comments, pro or con, to the list or me personally. What I would
like to see is a little be more thought before sending. It is something
everyone, me included, has been "guilty" of. I've enjoyed and continue to
enjoy doing this list, and don't necessarily need the extra work, it's
true, but what else am I supposed to do once grad school is finally done
with in a few short weeks, huh?

Comments welcome.

Peter

At 08:40 AM 4/16/97 -0400, Karen Sanders wrote:
>On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, Peter D. Verheyen wrote:
>> This list is about a week away from being moderated.=20
>
>Still a good list, either way.  Have met several good people through the
>list, including a lurker who visited with me in Atlanta. =20
>
>Having the list moderated is ok, but not at Peter Verheyen's expense.
Wouldn't
>want the guy running the list to consider it a big burden
>rather than a source of enjoyment and satisfaction. <g>

Bucheinbandkunst ist Architektur in kleinstem Ma=DFstab
Otto Dorfner

Peter Verheyen, Conservation Librarian
Syracuse University Library
Syracuse, NY 13244