[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Exhibit:"The Art of the Book"
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Exhibit:"The Art of the Book"
- From: Jan Owen <JanOwn@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 10:19:19 -0400
- Message-id: <199704161420.HAA15009@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"PERSPECTIVES: The Art of the Book"
Portland Museum of Art, Portland , Maine 04101
An exhibit of 13 contemporary Maine book artists will run from April 26 to
June 29, 1997.
Opening repection is May 4th with a 2 p.m. lecture by Martin Antonetti,
Curator of Rare Books at Smith College, titled
"When Is A Book Not A Book? And When It's Not, What Is It?"
The exhibit, curated by Aprile Gallant, includes work by Michael Alpert, Siri
Beckman, George Benington, Barbara Cash, Crystal Cawley, Anne-Claude Cotty,
Rebecca Goodale, Jeff Haste, Nancy Leavitt, Jan Owen, Walter Tisdale, Scott
Vile, and David Wolfe.
The Museum is open T,W,Sat. from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Th, F, from noon to 9 p.m.;
and Sun. from noon to 5.