[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
CETUS, The Whale
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: CETUS, The Whale
- From: Catherine Kanner <penandink@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 03:52:44 +0000
- Message-id: <199704202250.PAA18630@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
The Melville Press announces CETUS, The Whale: an illustrated companion
to Moby Dick.
This letterpress limited edition of 200 has just won the 1997 Rounce &
Coffin Award for excellence in book design, and is touring the United
States with the Western Books Exhibition.
The book is 34 pages, with 12 engraved portraits of the Pequod's crew by
Catherine Kanner. Accompanying text by Melville, Shakespeare and Milton.
Edited by John Sheller. Letterpress printed by John Robinson on Arches
88 paper. Bound with a unique accordion binding by Allwyn O'Mara.
Handmade endpapers, silk cover, silver foil stamping.
Special price to libraries: $190.00 plus shipping
Send Inquiries & Orders to: The Melville Press
Tel.& Fax: (310) 454-7675 or email:penandink@xxxxxxxxxxxxx