[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Book Arts League (Boulder, CO) meeting and workshop
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Book Arts League (Boulder, CO) meeting and workshop
- From: Emily Epstein <epsteine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 13:31:20 -0600
- Message-id: <199704231931.MAA27887@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
In our continuing experiment in holding regular monthly meetings, the Book
Arts League will meet on Thursday, April 24th at 7 p.m. in room N410 of
Norlin Library. A brief business meeting will be followed by another
printing-without-a-press workshop, on pochoir (stenciled) illustration,
led by Emily Epstein.
There will be a materials fee for the workshop, $3 for BAL members and $5
for nonmembers. RSVP to Emily at (303)492-5739, or reply to this message.
Please bring a cutting mat, an Exacto knife, and a stencil brush (if you
have one). Paper, stencil material, and paint will be provided, but feel
free to bring other materials to experiment with. You will also need a
small (5 x 7" or less), simple color picture to work with, either your
original creation or a clipping.
The workshop will be approximately 2 hours long, including stencil
cutting, and the color has to dry at least partially between applications.
There will only be time for 3 or 4 colors.
Posted for the Book Arts League by Emily Epstein