Re: Fw: fore-edge redux

Sent the 22nd April at 12:47

>How much of the picture shows up on each individual page?  Can you see a slim
>sliver of watercolor on each page? ......................I looked at some of
>
>Thanks, Lee Cooper

The following two references will gives some idea of the techniques:
Middelton, B. "A History of English Craft Bookbinding Technique, Holland press,
1978, [ISBN 0 900 470 83 6]
Mitchell, J  " A Craftsman's Guide to Edge Decoration", The Standing Press,
1993, [ISBN 0 952 1626 0 1].
In the latter book the last two chapters give a description with photographs of
the techniques for colour under gold and fore-edge painting.

Rodney Fry
Berks, England
< rod.fry@xxxxxxxx >