[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: recasing terminology
- From: Joyce Jenkins <joycej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 13:41:52 -0800
- Message-id: <199704242123.OAA26439@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Could someone please clarify these terms for me?
Barbara said she would be "recasing in the original bindings." I thought
recasing meant taking the text block out and making new boards and spines
to put it in--in other words a new case. But if you do that it's not in
the original binding, is it?
Another question--are the insides of those hymnals in good enough shape
to justify the work?