Posts and Posterity

At 09:14 AM 5/2/97 -0400, you wrote:
>> Just for curiosity's sake, what portion of your daily email ...
>> gets printed out for posterity?
>
>As a rule, I print only the technical information which will help me at
the bench. I assume the author's copyright but the fair use doctrine will
permit a hard copy for personal use.

Now and then a good piece of lore, e.g. Lawrence Roberts' posting on the
18th cent. binders' strike, makes it to the printer, but most of the mail
is not relevant to me---distant exhibits, classes I could never attend,
most cyber- wars--- so I don't save it.

Overall, the list is extremely helpful and valuable to me and my requests
for specific help have always been rewarded with courteous and valuable

Sam Lanham

Sam Lanham (slanham@xxxxxxxx)

It ain't the heavy haulin' that hurts the horse.  It's the clop, clop, clop
on the hard highway.
                                ----Ray Wynn, west Galveston Island