Re: Book arts and artist books

For information on Tunnel Books, you can look at a very basic, but good,
tutorial which Ed Hutchins did on the "Book Arts Web" in the Links section.
It is in a pdf format which you should ebe able to deal with even through
AOL, though you may have to download and save the file before viewing
rather than having the Netscape plug-in display it right away. You can also
reach Ed at queerbooks@xxxxxxx

Peter

At 10:16 PM 5/2/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I am a graduate student in photography at Georgia State University.  I use
>artist's books as a way of making my images accessible to the viewer.  They
>are not just a presentation, but an integral part of the piece.
> Unfortunately, I am entirely self-taught, so I tend to make a lot of
>mistakes and suffer major disappointments.  I would appreciate if anyone=
 can
>suggest books that contain how-to information on various artist's book=
 forms.
> I have found COVER TO COVER invaluable, but it has several books pictured
>with no explanation (specifically tunnel books).  Any suggestions would be
>greatly welcomed.  Thanks, Jeanne

Bucheinbandkunst ist Architektur in kleinstem Ma=DFstab
Otto Dorfner

Peter Verheyen, Conservation Librarian
Syracuse University Library
Syracuse, NY 13244