storage of paper

Susan wrote:
>I've been wrestling with a problem that I'm sure many of you deal with as well
>-
>
>How do you store huge pieces of paper/board/tissue?
>
>And then what do you do with the not so huge?  Or how about the eensey,
>weensey bits you might need and hate to waste?

I have an old map case, two actually, one on top of the other, with a total
of ten drawers.  The inside measurement is about 43X31 inches, and 2 inches
deep.  Most of the huge and not so huge that I have fit in these drawers.
I keep eensey, weensey bits of tissue in shoe boxes.  I don't know how I
ever got along without the map cases.  I've only had them for 1 1/2 years
now.  I do think it is best to store huge pieces flat.
Sue Dunlap

Sue Dunlap                                     phone: 330 263 2107
Preservation/Preparation Manager               fax: 330 263 2253
College of Wooster Libriaries                  email:sdunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
College of Wooster
Wooster OH 44691-2364