Re: Manuals

At 08:21 AM 5/7/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I would suggest Books, Boxes, and Portfolios by Franz Zeier..
>It focuses on traditional Western (German) binding style but also has
Japanese styles. . .

I like Zeier, including his philosophical comments, but if one is
interested in *traditional* Japanese binding I suggest Ikegami. Zeier has
some erroneous---even laughable---comments and instructions regarding the
four-hole binding (fukuro-toji). But overall, I've found the book very useful.

Sam Lanham (slanham@xxxxxxxx)

It ain't the heavy haulin' that hurts the horse.  It's the clop, clop, clop
on the hard highway.
                                ----Ray Wynn, west Galveston Island