[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Re-Post Pricing and Descriptions
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Re-Post Pricing and Descriptions
- From: "Rodney Fry 01276 64566 x4151; GNET *821" <rod.fry@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 18:10:37 +0000
- Message-id: <199705081725.KAA14850@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
My apologies for the Rich Text Format setting on the Create Message w=
17:28 7 May - another try!
At a risk of continuing this thread I have found in my files some ol=
lists for UK binders supplied with catalogues and from Book Fairs. =
the originator of this thread requested how to set out the various ty=
bindings with prices.
The lists I have break the repairs/restoration/binding for various si=
volumes. One list gives the overall size, another just heights from=
15", with the extra price for each additional 1". The binder must ma=
own mind up as to the best sizing description.
Typically the styles offered are :
- secure and recase in original case
- 1/4 cloth, paper sides
- full cloth, spine lettered
- cloth reback, match
all the way up to,=20
- Full morocco, modern, raised bands, gold decoration
Extra charges are quoted for additional decoration, slip cases, solan=
repairing corners, repairing pages, gilt edges per inch, etc.
The later prices are for 1990 and 1995 and will bear little relation =
prices and materials, even if inflation up to the present was applie=
those days a full leather binding with bands, 10"x15", seemed to be i=
of =A3100. A fine binding could start at =A3250 in 1990.
< rod.fry@xxxxxxxx >