[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: mylar in laser printers
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: mylar in laser printers
- From: Kathy Hamre <khamre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 18:22:37 -0600
- Message-id: <199705150023.RAA22039@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sam asked about mylar:
At work I make overhead transparencies on mylar in my laser jet printer and
in our photocopiers. Most of the time it works great. I recently had a
sheet of overhead mylar jam in my printer and it melted together. I had to
send the printer away to have it taken apart and get the mylar removed.
Lesson: as soon as something jams, get it out of there before it cooks into
a mass of melted plastic.