Re: Binding Suggestions?

At 10:01 AM 5/19/97 -0400, you wrote:

>This sounds similar to Richard Horton's Archival Mat Leaf Album.

Thanks for this, Richard. I like this and will make some myself. I assume
that some extra padding would be necessary in the spine to accomodate the
added thickness of the inserts and the folded tabs.

I make the double leaf accordion with the vertical edges inside the
adjacent fold which gives a nicer vertical edge on both sides. It's more
trouble to make and I can't find precedent for it in traditional Japanese
bindings but I like it better. It seems to me that the same tab arrangement
you describe could be used in the accordion as well and since the accordion
is expandable there would be no problem at the spine. Of course, only one
side of the pages could be used (as distinguished from use for externally
applied inserts, printing, or writing where both sides can be used.)

>It will be nice when e-mail can carry images as easily as text ;-)

Amen.

Regards,

Sam
Sam Lanham (slanham@xxxxxxxx)