Ink for printers...

Having had far too many bad experiences with toner in the past, I'm
planning on buying a printer for my computer which uses honest to goodness
ink to print with. What I'd like to know is, who advocates what? Are there
any printers out there that have a decent print resolution (decent being
a minimum of 600 dpi both horizontally and vertically, in black and
colour) and uses inks with decent permanence (prefereably pigment based,
decent being something that'll last longer than the Dead Sea Scrolls).
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

"...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." Luke 22:36
Hail, Centurion!                            E-mail: raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andrew C. Murdoch                        WWW: http://www.spydernet.com/raven
            Murdoch's Law of Metaphysics: "Reality is relative."
                         Finger for Geek Code Block