[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: starting off
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: starting off
- From: Richard Minsky <minsky@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 11:12:57 -0400
- Message-id: <199705271513.IAA19374@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Fine Craft Bookbinding is difficult to master as an adult....
As I recall, T J Cobden-Sandersen (sp?), the great English bookbinder who was a disciple of William Morris, gave up his practice of law at the age of 40 to become a bookbinder. I have had students who began after the age of 60 who became excellent binders.