Re: turn-turn-turn structure

I got the Idaho Center for the Book tetraflexagon and it's true,
tetraflexagons _are_ tricky to figure out if there's no one nearby to
"flex" them for you.  Try this: Open it as you would open a book (a tall,
narrow book).  Now close the "book" and turn it around so that the
"spine" is facing you instead of the front (fore edge, I think it's
called).  Now suspend your disbelief and open the spine as if it were the
fore edge.  It will open like a book and reveal another side.  Keep doing
this until you have seen all sides--I think the tetraflexagon has 4.

Have you seen Susan King's tetraflexagon?  I believe it's called
_The Queen of Wands_.  It has a little diagram explaining how to flex the
piece.  I also made a tri-tetraflexagon last year.

Good luck.  You should try flexing a dodecahexaflexagon!

Julie Seko