[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: starting off
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: starting off
- From: Jane M Brown <brownjm@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 08:39:21 -0400
- In-reply-to: <199705272328.TAA21472@revere.musc.edu>
- Message-id: <199705281239.FAA14149@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
My teacher started learning binding in mid life when her children *left
the nest* and her knees gave way long before her hands or head. She
retired from teaching at age 85. She continued binding until about 90.
So if she started at 40, she still had a productive 40 to 50 years. Nice
*second* occupation, I'd say.