Marbling bibliography

The following bibliography of marbling books was compiled and submitted by
Dolores Guffy and has been mounted on the Book Arts Web in the Links section.
The URL is <http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey>. Those who are interested
should take a look at it and let us know what they think. If anyone notices
any omissions or wishes to suggest other titles, please let me know and
I'll add them. Currently there are no books on pastepapers included, but if
I get enough we can add those in a separate section.

Thank you for your hard work Dolores.

Peter

>Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 21:20:35 -0400 (EDT)
>To: pdverhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>From: "D. Guffey" <dguff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Marbling bibliography
>
>Now for my Marbling Bibliography
>
>SELECTED BIBLIOGRAPHY
>

>Chambers, Anne.  The Practical Guide to Marbling Papers.  London:
>  Thanes & Hudson, 1986.  88 pages.
>
>Chambers, Anne.  The Principal Antique Patterns of Marbled Papers.
>  Burford, Oxfordshire: The Cygnet Press, 1984.  25 pages.
>
>Chambers, Anne.  Suminagashi. The Japanese Art of Marbling. London:
>  Thames & Hudson, 1991.
>
>Cockerel, Sydney.  Marbling Paper. Bookbinding as a School Subject.
>  3rd Ed., Hitchin, England: G.W. Russel & Son, n.d., 16 pages.
>
>Cohen, Daniel & Paula.  Marbling on Fabric.  Loveland, Colorado:
>  Interweave Press, 1990.  94 pages.
>
>Easton, Phoebe Jane.  Marbling: A History and a Bibliography.  Los
>  Angeles: Dawson's Book Shop, 1983.  190 pages.
>
>Fox, Polly.  Marbling on Fabric.  Taos, New Mexico: Fresh Ink Press,
>  1990.  40 pages.
>
>Grunebaum, Gabriele.  How to Marblize Paper.  New York: Dover
>  Publications, 1984.  31 pages.
>
>Guyot, Don.  Suminagashi. An Introduction to Japanese Marbling.
>  Seattle: The Brass Galley Press, 1988.  22 pages.
>
>Halfer, Josef.  The Progress of the Marbling Art.  Buffalo, New York:
>  Louis Kinder, 1883.  243 pages. (Facsimile edition, Fresh Ink Press
>  Taos, New Mexico, 1989.)
>
>Kantrowitz, Morris.  The Process of Marbling Paper.  Washington: GPO-
>  PIA Joint Research Bulletin, Bindery Series No. 1, 1948.  10 pages.
>
>Loring, Rosamond.  Decorated Book Papers: Being An Account of their
>  Design and Fashions.  Cambridge: Harvard College, 1942.  171 pages.
>
>Mauer, Diane Philippoff and Paul Maurer.  An Introduction to Carrageen
>  and Watercolor Marbling.  Centre Hall, Pennsylvania: Self-published,
>  1984.  24 pages.
>
>Mauer, Diane Vogel with Paul Maurer.  Marbling: A Complete Guide To
>  Creating Beautiful Patterned Papers and Fabrics.  New York: Crescent
> Books, 1991.  119 pages.
>
>Maurer-Mathison, Diane.  Decoratve Paper.  New York: BDD Illustrated
>  Books, 1993.  120 pages.
>
>Medeiros, Wendy Addison.  Marbling Techniques.  New York: Watson-
>  Guptill Publications, 1994.  144 pages.
>
>Minura, Einen.  The Art of Marbled Paper: Marbled Patterns and How To
>  Make Them.  New York: Kodansha International, 1990.  153 pages.
>
>Nevins, Iris.  Fabric Marbling.  Sussex, New Jersey: Self-published,
>  1989.
>
>Nevins, Iris.  Traditional Marbling.  2nd ed.  Sussex, New Jersey:
>  Self-published, 1988.  35 pages.
>
>Nevins, Iris.  105 Helpful Hints for the Marbler.  Sussex, New Jersey:
>  Self-published, 1990.  25 pages.
>
>Schleicher, Patty & Mimi.  Experience the Magic of Marbling. Marbling
>  Secrets and Recipes.  Asheville, North Carlina: Ironwood Productions
>  (Video demonstration of marbling), 1994.

> [...]

Peter D. Verheyen           <wk> 315.443.9937   <fax>315.443.9510
<Email>                            mailto:pdverhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<Webmaster>                    http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
<Listowner>           mailto:Book_Arts-L-Request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx