[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Marbling bibliography
- From: Iris Nevins <IrisNevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 15:22:09 -0400
- Message-id: <199705301923.MAA25838@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To Dolores Guffy....
I noticed you missed my VARIETIES OF SPANISH MARBLING, 1991, 1993
Hardbound, 12 original tipped-in samples of Spanish Marbling; 79pp. First=
ed.Bird & Bull; current edition Nevins, Johnsonburg, NJ.
I also did a reprint of Nicholson's Manual Of The Art Of Bookbinding in
1986 with 18 original tipped-in samples (the original had only 7) in the
marbling section. This is no longer available though.
You've also missed Richard Wolf's big history of marbling.
Phoebe Easton(e-mail me privately for her address if needed) can, I'm sur=
add volumes (pardon the pun!) to your list. Have you been in touch with
her? She's a delight and I'm sure would love to hear from you and fill in=
gaps I'm not even aware of myself. I'm sure she'd love to help on your
Best of luck....Iris Nevins