Johnson Bookbinding/cloths

I have just returned from a two-week trip and am still catching up on my
mail, so if this question has already been dealt with please forgive my post.

To my understanding, Johnson Bookbinding Supplies WAS carrying a huge line of
lovely Japanese bookcloths, which are apparently now available through
several other sources:

Both TALAS (568 Broadway, NYC 10012,  212-219-0770) and HARCOURT BINDERY (51
Melcher St., Boston MA 02210, 617-542-5893) have recently run display ads in
the Guild of BookWorkers newsletter offering a variety of Japanese bookcloths
from stock. I spoke to each of them, and they both confirm that they are
stocking at least a few dozen choices (the line is huge!).

Harcourt prefers to sell in full bolts, and has apparently worked out an
arrangement with AIKO'S (3347 N. Clark St., Chicago IL 60657, (312) 404-5600)
to sell smaller quantities. Talas, as far as I know, will sell any quantity.

Between them, hopefully those of you who need these lovely Japanese cloths
will still be able to get them, although I am sure it is impossible for these
distributors to carry ALL of the many, many choices available.

Hope this helps!

Karen/Bookbinder's Warehouse