credit where credit is due

Barbara Harman writes:

"On the other hand, there is a photo in the book of Janet Parker handing my
book, "Some Mountains" with no credit given to me as the book artist. It
looks, and caption reads, as if Janet was the artist."

Brings up an interesting question -- when books or art works are
photographed directly, there is no doubt about the ethics of giving proper
credit. But when a book or art work is a part of another photograph, what
are the ethics and the legalities? I would certainly opt to be abundant
with the giving of credit.

But Barbara -- if you have known this for some time, I hope you lodged a
complaint in the proper places (with Janet, Gwyneth, AND with management of
Lerner Publications) so that this will be correctly attributed in the
paperback edition.

charles
charles alexander
chax press   ::   alexander writing/design/publishing
handmade books   ::   handbuilt web sites
chax@xxxxxxxxxxxx   ::   http://personal.riverusers.com/~chax/