Exhibiton Of My Books (On the Web!)

Dear Bookfriends:

I am very pleased and excited to announce that I am having an exhibiton of my
work on the web!

Miriam Schaer
Bookworks and Wearable Texts

can be found at:

http://www.colophon.com

Go to the Gallery and there is a link to my pages under Contemporary
Book Artists/Publishers that will take you into the exhibition. You will also
find exhibitons of other book artists and fine press publishers I am certain
will be of interest. Colophon Page was started by James Wintner a couple of
years ago to be an umbrella site for a broad range of works on paper.

If you are not familiar with my work, I create my books using unconventional
materials, including photographs, clothing, steel pins, scraps of printed
matter, dollhouse furniture, lace, silk, glue, glass, linoleum, medicinal
vials, and discarded objects.

Also included is Rules of Engagement, a series of hostess aprons printed with
images of idealized women accompanied by excerpts from Sun Tsu's The Art
of War. I have embroidered the excerpts onto each apron.

The exhibition was beautifully designed and organized by Sarah Jensen for
Colophon Page. She organized the books into three sections: Girdle Books, Baby
Dress Books, and Other Works. Under her direction, the interior and exterior
shots of each book is shown, as well as the texts.

I hope you can go visit the site and appreciate your feedback.

Mimi Schaer
104222.3531@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx