[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Spokeshave Blades
- From: Jeff Peachey <peachey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 15:26:29 -0400
- Message-id: <199706051936.MAA29402@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
As David Sellars mentioned, keeping the spokeshave blade sharp very
important. I recently purched a "Hock" replacement blade, which fits any
Record or Stanley #151 model, and it is truely amazing. It has a Rockwell
hardness of 60-63, which is much harder than the standard supplied blades.
Hock is a toolmaker in California, but The Japan Woodworker and Garret-Wade
carry his blades. Well worth the $25.