Medieval bindings

Whitney:

Thank you for your enquiry about historical bindings. I too am working on
learning that aspect of bookbinding - having mostly been a more avant-garde
book artist - working with fabrics and oddments for a number of years. I am
also having a hard time finding documentable research. There is a wonderful
website from a library in the Netherlands. In their words: "The Koninklijke
Bibliotheek is a treasure-house of books and manuscript from many
centuries" and the website features a lot of them, with photos. Included is
an example of a chemise book, which I had never seen before. The url is:
http://www.konbib.nl/100hoogte/hh-en.html.

Thank you to evryone else for forwarding other websites. I am compling a
list of sites for my own site, and to share with others. If anyone has
other sites that they think would be good, please let me know.

I am a new subscriber also, and thank you to Peter and everyone who has
worked to bring this wonderful resource about.

Beth Priestley
bpturtle@xxxxxxx
Painted Turtle Design / WildWebWomen Net Designs
612-781-0293