PVA Shelf Life?

<<I used to buy
2 buckets at
a time, but learned from the manufacturer that PVA has a shelf-life of six
months, so now we order twice a year.

  I just finished off a container I have at home that I bought 2 years ago- I
have another that's a proud 18 months, both Jade 403.  Sometimes I stir in a
tiny amount of water or methyl cellulose-if it's sat around and started to
get thick. Generally, though I like it a little tacky for things like gluing
box trays

Jake Benson