[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
PVA Shelf Life?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: PVA Shelf Life?
- From: Jake Benson <Jemil333@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 12:27:26 -0400
- Message-id: <199706061627.JAA20337@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
In a message dated 6/6/97 12:52:29 PM, you wrote:
<<I used to buy
2 buckets at
a time, but learned from the manufacturer that PVA has a shelf-life of six
months, so now we order twice a year.
I just finished off a container I have at home that I bought 2 years ago- I
have another that's a proud 18 months, both Jade 403. Sometimes I stir in a
tiny amount of water or methyl cellulose-if it's sat around and started to
get thick. Generally, though I like it a little tacky for things like gluing