Re: PVA Shelf Life?

I also have had buckets of PVA sit around for years and we continued to
use it with no problems, and there was seemingly no noticable degradation
of the product (except that it didn't smell any more). The boxes we made
using it are still holding together (six or seven years later), so I was
surprised when the manufacturer told me that they consider the shelf life
of PVA to be six months.

Probably it is just a matter of how long they wish to guarantee their
product. But I would rather be safe than sorry, so now we order more
frequently, and have less stock sitting around.

Ann Frellsen                         phone: 404-727-0307
Preservation Office                    FAX: 404-727-0053
Woodruff Library, G-23
Emory University                     email: libavf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Atlanta, GA USA 30322-2870