questions

  Well, Black Magic, as Mr. Miller has suggested you may find your
project is more sky than pie when the cost is reckoned (no charge for
aiming high, though!).  I think, given the cost for such a project, you
could scale it down by using leather for the spine and a good, thin
decorative paper to cover the high relief design on the boards.  If the
design is not too detailed a supple paper covering should work.
 I would also advise you to consider some sort of protective enclosure
for these books, whether you go with leather or paper.  Sculpted boards
can be damaged VERY easily, either by getting banged on something or
worn by friction.
 Good luck
Dorothy Africa