Re: wooden boards

Has any one any experience of binding a book with wooden boards?  I would
like to make boards from oak for a book measuring 14.5 x 10.5 inches.  The
boards will be laced on to leather thongs.  I anticipate some trouble with
the wood moving and warping even though it will be 'kiln dried'. Has any one
tried this and can offer a solution to the possible problems?

Claire Bolton
AlembicPrs@xxxxxxx