Fw: wooden boards

I have never used wood to bind a book and am brand new at book binding so
from that angle I have no idea what would be best.  I have done  a bit of
woodworking in my days however and  would recommend using quartersawn
oak(if oak is a requirement for your design) that has been air dried for
the greatest stability.  A slow, multi year process is the best way, moving
the wood into your shop environment for several months before finishing
into boards for your book.

Good luck, sounds like a great idea.

Lee Cooper

> From: Claire Bolton <AlembicPrs@xxxxxxx>
> To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: wooden boards
> Date: Tuesday, June 10, 1997 2:48 PM
>
> Has any one any experience of binding a book with wooden boards?  I would
> like to make boards from oak for a book measuring 14.5 x 10.5 inches.
The