[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Wayzegoose?
- From: Al Rubottom <alrub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 22:33:46 -0700
- Message-id: <199706120534.WAA14656@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Seeking info, background, history, elucidation, anecdotes,
anything at all about the Wayzegoose, the traditional
celebratory outing held by printers & such ...
we read mention of it in the book on the Kelmscott Press,
and we're intrigued by the term, its origin(s), the event,
who still holds one/any [if any], what used to be done,
what is done lately/nowadays, and all like that.
Sounds like a tradition we definitely outght to keep alive.
So, who knows of Wayzegooses, Wayzegoosing?
Al & Sibyl Rubottom
Lesha Avidya Press
Al Rubottom /\ alrubottom@xxxxxxxxxxx
tel: 619.292.9998 /\ fax: 619.541.2260