Re: Bone folders/teflon

Agreed, they require more regular maintenance, especially the very thin
ones I use for lifting and splitting. Dremels and scalpels are great for that.

>The drawback, in my experience, is that thinner teflon tools deform in use,
>they scratch easily, and thick teflon tools are not always appropriate to a
>task.

Exactly.

>This only demonstrates that no single tool will answer every purpose; the
>person at the bench has two choices.  Modify their technique to conform to
>the tool(s) at hand, or modify the tool(s) to meet their needs.  Either
>method works, but modifying the tools is more fun.  Maybe it's a guy thing.
>I don't know.
>
>Jack

Der Buchbinder als Architekt des Buches baut eine
Fassade seiner Zeit. Edwin Redslob

Peter Verheyen, Conservation Librarian
Syracuse University Library
Syracuse, NY 13244