bone folders

I wanted to add two things to the bone folder discussion: Does anyone ever soak
their bones in vegetable oil? (I just realized this sounds quite alluring.) The
idea is that you immerse the bone folder for a few days--I've heard even
months--then wash it well with soap and water after the oil bath. The bone will
be a lovely amber color, and the oil does not offset onto paper. What it does
do, I understand, is make it easier to clean adhesives from the bone's surface.

And an anecdote: People who have studied with Walter Hamady pick up his use of
the term "folding bone"--if you hear someone use this term you can probably
trace their (educational) lineage back to Wisconsin.

All best.
Tracy Honn
Madison, WI