Re: soaking bone folders in vegetable oil

I 've never seen or used a bone folder in my life (although I've had great
curiosity about what they look like, after seeing them listed in some of
the catalogs from which I order marbling supplies), but it would seem to
me, speaking as a biochemist and cook, that mineral oil or petroleum jelly
would serve the purpose and would be somewhat less messy than motor oil,
without attracting insects or, worse, rodents!