[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: soaking bone folders in vegetable oil
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: soaking bone folders in vegetable oil
- From: James M Storrs <storrsj@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 22:59:21 -0500
- Message-id: <199706130405.VAA24020@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
it would seem
>me, speaking as a biochemist and cook, that mineral oil or petroleum
>would serve the purpose and would be somewhat less messy than motor
Wouldn't liquid oil penetrate the pores of the bone more
readily than a gel?
As to messiness, all oil is oily.