Re: bone folders

>charles alexander
>still happily calling it "folding bone" with no compelling reason to change
>that terminology
>it may not be "for" folding bones, but it is a "bone" for "folding"
>but I really don't want to pick a bone with anyone

Thanks Charles, you reminded me that there are other "bones" out there.
Cordwainers (shoemakers) use them for burnishing - I'm sure they burnish the
edges of the soles but not sure where else.  They call them "St. Hugh's Bones"
- something to do with their patron saint - and I believe they favor deer.  The
ones I've seen in use just look like bones, no fancy shaping that I can recall.

Su
_
Su Carter
Williamsburg, VA, USA