Re: Apprenticeships...

Nope, just had to send out about 20 _HANDWRITTEN_ cover-letters and
resumes, in German. Then quickly fly over to Germany for three interviews,
preferably the next day. Wrapping a brick in paper doesn't seem like a bad
test. Shows how one treat materials, whether one pays attention to detail...

Actually when posing my question it was more directed to those on the list
who take on "apprentices" or long-term students.

Peter

At 03:30 PM 6/19/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Just a little thing
>
>I saw Betsy Palmer Eldridge speak on her experience in Germany, and she
>mentioned that in order to apply for an apprenticeship, you first had to wrap
>a brick in paper.  I thought this was interesting- was this true for you
>Peter?  Others?
>
>Jake Benson

Der Buchbinder als Architekt des Buches baut eine
Fassade seiner Zeit. Edwin Redslob

Peter Verheyen, Conservation Librarian
Syracuse University Library
Syracuse, NY 13244