[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Apprentices
- From: Don Rash Fine Bookbinder <DNRash@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 08:24:44 -0400
- Message-id: <199706201225.FAA18136@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Thanks for sharing your apprenticeship information. I've recently moved my
shop and will soon be able to take on students. A couple of questions:
How do your students arrange for housing?
Do you have a written contract spelling out each party's responsibilities or
do you come to some less formal understanding? Since you stressed the
importance of the student knowing exactly what to expect, it would be good to
know how you ensure this.
I understand from Jane Conneen that you will be coming to the Miniature Book
Conclave. Hope to meet you there.
Don Rash fine bookbinder
50 Burke St.
Plains, PA 18705
<There are monkey boys in the facility...>