Re: Apprenticeships...

I responded to this question in 1995. It's in the archive at:

In that post I mention the National Council on Apprenticeship in Art and Crafts, of which I was a Founding Director (1977). I suggest that those interested in the subject read the publication we produced through a substantial survey:

Apprenticeship in Craft
Ed. by Gerry Williams
Daniel Clark Books
1981

(The Daniel Clark Foundation also publishes "Studio Potter" magazine)

Check your library, or if they still have copies, you can get it by sending a check for $9.50 (postage included) to:

Daniel Clark Books
P.O. Box 70
Goffstown, NH 03045

It has sections on finding, nurturing, releasing, contracts, etc.

            Richard
            http://minsky.com