Re: claycoat paper

Chris-
I've been able to make very creditable replacements for the colored
clay-coated papers by taking a plain sheet matching the text stock
(toning it if necessary) and coloring it on one side with either gouache
with a bit of oxgall added, or with thinned-down acrylics. I've thought
in the past of setting up a silkscreen to screen-print these for more of
a production method, but it's one of those things on the "to do" list.

Jack Fitterer