Philly & DC

To Travelling Tara, Elsa, and others who are curious about book arts in
the mid-Atlantic region:

In Philadelphia, check out The Print Center (formerly The Print Club), on
the 1600 block of Latimer Street downtown.  This gallery has a shop that
stocks hundreds of artists' books.  (Plus there's a nifty garden out
back!)

Also, from July 12th-August 24th, I'll be curating a show called
"ARCHItextURE:  Experiencing Books as Buildings," which will be at the
Philadelphia Art Alliance, 18th Street between Spruce & Rittenhouse
Square.  I'll post an official announcement next week; the gallery is
closed on Mondays and weekend hours are limited.

As for DC, it's true that the WPA has shut its doors.  The collection has
moved to the Corcoran, but I don't know if they have anything on display.

Happy trails,
Karen Schiff