[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: ARCHItextURE Events
- From: Karen Schiff <kschiff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 10:21:22 -0400
- In-reply-to: <199707300405.AAA17592@ccat.sas.upenn.edu> from "Automatic digest processor" at Jul 30, 97 00:02:54 am
- Message-id: <199707301421.HAA36924@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To all who are interested, here is a full round-up of the events connected
with the exhibition "ARCHItextURE: Experiencing Books as Buildings."
The show continues at the Philadelphia Art Alliance (215 S. 18th St.,
between Spruce & Locust, 2nd floor) through August 24th.
August 2, 2 p.m. -- Curator's walk & talk (i.e., a tour of the
exhibition). Will last about an hour, free.
August 6, 6 p.m. -- Panel discussion called "The Writing on the Wall:
Words in Art and Architecture." Two artists from ARCHItextURE
(bookmaker Claire Owen and architect Paul Emmons) join two
artists from the "Obscure Cities" exhibition at Eastern State
Penitentiary. Each artist will present slides of recent work
and then contribute to a general discussion on using words in
predominantly visual media. 1 1/2 hours or so, free.
Saturday all day
August 23, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. -- Workshop on Pop-up books with Carol Barton.
The nationally renowned "pop-up queen" will instruct 15 people
in the art of creating sculptural books using simple pop-up
constructions and three-dimensional bindings. Preregistration
is necessary for this event, and there are only 5 spots left!
$40, or $35 for members of the Art Alliance (incl. materials).
All events will take place in the gallery space. For more information,
call the Art Alliance (215-545-4302) or e-mail to <paa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.
See you there!