[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Decorating pages?????
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Decorating pages?????
- From: "Christopher T. Ray" <CROCUSDES@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 10:32:22 -0400
- Message-id: <199708041432.HAA35738@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
In a message dated 97-08-04 10:05:22 EDT, you write: (Sam Lanham)
<< A few comments about the fukuro-toji (since that's what I do mostly). >>
Sam: you have given us some very useful information about stab bindings and I
would like to express my appreciation for elaborating on this particular kind
I guess sometimes we simply assume that what we might be doing and how we do
it is a process that everyone else knows about but it might be that we are
mistaken in that assumption. This is especially the case when we are
practicing a tradition that may have changed over time so that earlier
methods and the reason for using them are not fully understood.
Thanks for your insight and thoughtfulness in sharing.
http://members.aol.com/crocusdes -the sculpture site
http://members.aol.com/quadreverz -The Quadreverz Journals