[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Buckram book cloth
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Buckram book cloth
- From: skipper <skipper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 17:13:31 -0700
- Message-id: <199708080056.RAA24498@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Re Buckram book cloth.
I live in Sydney, Australia.
Our suplier gets our buckram from England.
I will find out were it comes from and I will let you know.
Bye for now
> From: Sandy Hempe <shempe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Buckram book cloth
> Date: Wednesday, August 06, 1997 1:37 PM
> I tried to order some Grade D starch filled Buckram today and got a
> surprise. I was told by Talas that they were discontinuing it and by
> Bookmaker's that they don't carry it anymore because it is no longer
> available to them. Does anyone know what the deal is? How can they stop
> making Buckram? We use it for cloth covered drop-spine boxes, folders
> some book repairs. What are the alternatives for a sturdy, forgiving and
> easily worked cloth for these types of jobs? I'd appreciate any
> or suggestions!
> Sandy Hempe
> Conservator I
> Local Records Preservation Program
> Missouri Secretary of State's Office