[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Clifford Burke talk at The S. F. Center for the Book
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Clifford Burke talk at The S. F. Center for the Book
- From: sfcb <info@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 18:10:45 -0700
- Message-id: <199708080105.SAA24540@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Friday, August 8, 7 pm
FREE TO THE PUBLIC
San Francisco Center for the Book
300 de Haro at 16th
more info: 415 565 0545 or info@xxxxxxxx
Clifford Burke, author of the classics "Printing It" and" Printing Poetry"
will discuss his career.
One of the finest, and arguably the most influential, Bay Area printers of
the '60s & '70s, Burke ran Cranium Press from a garage in the outer
Fillmore. Since the mid'70s he has been living in Washington state & and
Southwest. We're thrilled to have him revisit the scene! Get here early for
a good seat.