[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Japanese stab binding
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Japanese stab binding
- From: Jennifer Vignone <opus@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 18:09:22 -0400
- In-reply-to: <199708092049.QAA27880@maildeliver0.tiac.net>
- Message-id: <199708092207.PAA16644@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>where do you buy colored linen thread?
I hope you don't mind my horning in to your conversation. I dye my linen
thread myself, as I can never find it anywhere in New York and I wouldn't
order it through a catalog since you can never be sure of the color until
you see it.
I buy Rit dye in the color I need...or mix for the color I need and simply
follow the directions on the box....hot water (boiled water is best) and
then mix in the dye and add the thread. I usually wet the thread first in
hot water as well, so that it dyes more easily. At least it seems to help
keep the color even.
I haven't noticed a color fading problem either.
I hope this helps.