[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Linen thread thread
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Linen thread thread
- From: Alicia Bailey <abailey@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 18:15:12 -0600
- Message-id: <199708102356.QAA13142@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>where do you buy colored linen thread?
S. Axelrod in NYC sells waxed linen in about a dozen colors including
black, tan & brown. They sell wholesale and have per item minimums (e.g. 1
dozen 25 yard spools minimum order per color) but only $100 per order
minimum. To purchase from them a retail/wholesale license is required.
Their number is 212-594-3022. I live in an isolated area and rely heavily
on mail order. I've never had problems doing business with Axelrod's. For
smaller quanitites sometimes fiber and/or bead shops have threads. Alicia