[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Japanese stab binding
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Japanese stab binding
- From: Tracy Honn <HONN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 09:04:00 CST
- Message-id: <199708111405.HAA16790@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I have several spools of dyed, waxed linen thread that I got at a bead store
that has since gone out of business. Bead stores might be a good source to try.
Also, at Tender Buttons in Chicago (there is also a store in New York) they
carry a fine gauge linen thread in an assortment of colors. They come from
Germany, I believe, and are wrapped on round spoked cards. Very attractive.
Also, I've used acrylics to pigment bleached linen thread. Good luck! Oh, one
more source of colored linen thread: oriental carpet repair shops. I have a
beautiful red that came from such a place. Tracy Honn/Silver Buckle Press/