[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Linen thread thread
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Linen thread thread
- From: "Irina A. Gorstein" <gorshtey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 13:31:04 -0400
- In-reply-to: <X000000004563030@MHS>
- Message-id: <199708111731.KAA10310@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I am not sure if this information is going to be helpful to anyone but I
dye linen thread using acrylic colors. I soak thread in alcohol
overnight to get rid of all sizing and waxing and then make a solution
of pigment and water (consistency of ink) and soak thread in it for a
couple of days. Then I hang thread vertically until dry. It's helpful to
also apply methyl cellulose on it to size the thread after dying it.
This method always worked fine.