[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Book arts archives
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Book arts archives
- From: "Peter D. Verheyen" <pdverhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 04:55:51 -0400
- Message-id: <199708112056.NAA06414@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Nope, can't do that. It really doesn't have anything to do with the machine
you're using, but might just be a net "bad hair" day. Some of the other
sites I've accessed today have been slow as well. FYI, we have 2479
messages in the archive for this year alone.
At 04:45 PM 8/11/97 EDT, you wrote:
>I just tried to access the Book Arts mailing list archives to
>see the messages that were posted before I joined.
>But it took FOREVER - I only looked at TWO short mssgs and it
>took about ten minutes. (Maybe a little less but it was
>unbelievably slooooooooooooow.) And I'm using a Pentium 200
>with lotsa memory and a 56600 modem so it isn't that (plus I
>haven't had any other problems with slowness).
>Is there any way to select all the topics you're interested
>in and then have them all retrieved at once rather than
>having to do it one at a time and keep slowly having to go
>back each time etc?
>No problem if there isn't (I'll just forget about this). I
>just wondered if there was a way.
>Thanks so much.
>> In schoen gebunden Buechern blaettert man gern. <<
Peter D. Verheyen <wk> 315.443.9937 <fax> 315.443.9510