[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: excellent book dealer
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: excellent book dealer
- From: Harry Reese <reese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 16:03:48 -0700
- Message-id: <199708112324.QAA26584@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
There is an excellent bookshop in Asheville. It is: The Captain's
Bookshelf, Inc., 31 Page Avenue, Asheville, NC 28801. (704) 253-6631. It is
owned and operated by Chan Gordon. If he cannot provide the service you
want, he can certainly point you in the right direction. He has a fine
collection and has a great respect for books and the people who make them.
>From: The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting on behalf of Virginia
>Sent: Monday, August 11, 1997 12:44 PM
>Subject: book appraisals
>I've been contacted by someone with a few boxes of "old books", and he
>wants to know where he can get them appraised. Can anyone suggest
>appraisers in the Atlanta, Ga., Asheville, NC, Knoxville or Chattanooga,
>TN. areas? Thanks!
>Virginia and everyone,
> Another bookshop in Atlanta is Yesteryear Bookshop, 3201 Maple Dr.,NE
>,404-237-0163. Ask for Frank Walsh or Polly Fraiser.
> Rhonda Graves